The client requires a group of PMs, to support Digital and IT projects of different dimensions and complexity across different IT landscapes, with the vision of improving service delivery standards. The IT Project Manager (IT PM) is required to assist the Business in the IT project delivery to achieve business objectives within the APAC region by reducing the delivery lead time and increasing the quality of delivery from IT.
Duties & Accountabilities
- The IT PM will be assigned by the Portfolio Manager to the project based on their skillset, availability, and project complexity. IT PM is expected to manage multiple projects based on the bandwidth availability.
- The dimensions of projects will consist of and not limited to: the project complexity, scale of Budget,
Coverage (APAC), Diverse Platform, Supplier Management (multivendor).
- The IT PM is expected to liaise with multiple projects and stakeholders residing in APAC as well as from the Group Level in other time zones to reach strategy alignment.
- The stakeholders include but are not limited to: Business project managers from Business Lines, Hub IT Service Lines, Infrastructure Operational, Group CIO Office members, IT Business Partner, IT Cluster
Manager, and 3rd party vendors.
- The IT PM is required to deliver the project from end to end by practicing the chosen project delivery methodology for the project assigned.
- The IT PM may be expected to manage project from any of the following functional area:
- Enterprise IT (finance, ERP, CRM, SRM, HR, BI, customer channels, infrastructure, networks)
- Business Application (mobile apps, web portals)
- Data (data platforms, interfaces, APIs management)
- Operational Technologies leveraging the Operational Technology Architecture Validation (OTAV)
Committee (supply chain, manufacturing, industrial optimization systems)
- Identify relevant key projects and work closely with the business and technical team to drive timely and collaborative execution
- Run regular project review meetings to show progress and provide visibility to the project team via Kanban or dashboard
- Identify and anticipate project risks and propose mitigations
- Provide comprehensive, clear and concise scope of work to project members and being able to communicate effectively back to business
- Provide proactive and impactful recommendations and alternative solutions when adequate
- Monitor and manage the CAPEX/OPEX during the execution of the project lifecycles and ensure both IT and Business stakeholders are aligned on financial topics
- Ensure project is delivered according to timeline and transition smoothly to L1 and L2 support team
- Debrief lesson learnt with project members and business team or proper project closure
- Act as escalation point between business and IT delivery team and being able to recommend mitigation plan to overcome challenges from both parties to reach consensus
- Resource management and coordinate with various IT teams (both application and hardware team) to execute the project on time and on target.
Key Job Experience
- Equipped with industrial knowledge in: ERP, Healthcare, Finance, Networking, Business Intelligence, HR, Procurement, Electronics, and Infrastructure.
- Good knowledge and experience in managing projects related to IT infrastructure or application
- Experience dealing with and supporting shared services organizations.
- Experience in managing project through Waterfall/Agile model.
- Lead/Participate projects deployments in international companies.
- Work together with multiple countries in same project.
- Be able to work with Business Stakeholders for effective communications.
- Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
- Able to work with a wide group of stakeholders in a positive and collaborative manner.
- Open style of communication to foster efficient flow of ideas and build consensus across the project.
- Cross-disciplinary understanding of product management, software development, and quality assurance
- Flexible and adaptable to tools and ways of working
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, collaboration, organizational and critical thinking.
- Minimum 8 years of Project Management experience.
- Mandarin proficiency will be good to have to support China and Taiwan affiliates.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- PMP Certified or Prince2 Foundation & Practitioner Certified preferred (other industry-standard project management certifications including Google Project Management Professional are accepted)
- Well versed with Waterfall/Agile Methodology, Jira, ServiceNow, Google Workspace, or other Project
- Strong communicator in English and possess great interpersonal skills.