Client office: Petaling Jaya
As an IT Project Manager, you will plan, organize, and implement a company’s technical projects. Your main duties include coordinating production releases and rollouts, delegating tasks to the necessary employees and presenting on projects’ progress and results. Throughout the project’s life, you should hold the team accountable for delivering on the plan and work to resolve any obstacles that they face. You are on the alert for risks to project success, working with the team to resolve issues when possible or identifying solutions for the project/product sponsor to choose from when problems cannot be resolved without significant modification to the plan.
You will need to work closely with different business lines stakeholders and Digital & IT teams at Hub level for overseeing all aspects of any project related to IT technologies or infrastructure. You should demonstrate high competency in using project management tools to track project performance, risk management, resource planning and budget management.
Duties & Accountabilities
• Support business stakeholders in building their business cases and follow project governance framework.
• Identify relevant key projects and work closely with the business and technical team to drive timely and collaborative execution.
• Run regular project review meetings to show progress and provide visibility to the project team via Kanban or dashboard.
• Identify and anticipate project risks and propose mitigations.
• Provide comprehensive, clear, and concise scope of work to project members and being able to communicate effectively back to business.
• Provide proactive and impactful recommendations and alternative solutions when adequate. Monitor and manage the CAPEX/OPEX during the execution of the project lifecycles and ensure both IT and Business stakeholders are aligned on financial topics.
• Ensure project is delivered according to timeline and transition smoothly to L1 and L2 support team.
• Debrief lesson learnt with project members and business team or proper project closure.
• Act as escalation point between business and IT delivery team and being able to recommend mitigation plan to overcome challenges from both parties to reach consensus.
• Resource management and coordinate with various IT teams (both application and hardware team) to execute the project on time and on target.
Key Job Experience
• Good knowledge and experience in managing projects related to IT infrastructure or application
• Experience dealing with and supporting shared services organizations
• Experience in managing project through waterfall/agile model
• Lead/Participate projects deployments in international companies
• Work together with multiple countries in same project
• Be able to work with Business Stakeholders for effective communications
• Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
• Able to work with a wide group of stakeholders in a positive and collaborative manner
• Open style of communication to foster efficient flow of ideas and build consensus across the project
• Cross-disciplinary understanding of product management, software development, and quality assurance
• Flexible and adaptable to tools and ways of working
• Demonstrated skills in leadership, negotiation, conflict management, collaboration, organizational and critical thinking
• Minimum 8 years of Project Management experience.
• Mandarins proficiency will be good to have to support China and Taiwan affiliates.
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
• Strong communicator in English and possess great interpersonal skills.
• Experience in IT Shared Service Centre environment.
• Experience managing end-to-end application development projects in waterfall SDLC model.
• Experience managing offshore development teams based remotely
• Multitasking prowess and ability to cope with matrix organization.
• Managed multiple projects concurrently.
• PMP or Prince2 certified.